I admit it. I have a thing for clocks. So I took some of my favorite clocks and put together a video montage to showcase these interesting time pieces. What kind of clocks:
- A Sony Flip Clock tells the time from 2-4 AM. This clock radio was on so many bedside tables back in the day. It evokes the movie Groundhog Day when Phil wakes up to Sonny & Cher every morning.
- James Remind-O-Timer. A took for the later day 50’s and 60’s hotel desk clerk. Need a 5:50 AM wake-up call? No problem, just flip the lever to 5:50 and the buzzer will remind you.
- Heathkit GC1005. When I worked in radio in the 80’s, these were a staple of every studio.
- Raspberry Pi GPS clock. When you need super accurate time wherever you go. It’s my home made favorite and I use it when I want to do time sensitive digital modes on the road.
- Chelsea Military Clock. One of my all time favorites. A beautiful 7 day mechanical movement (that needs a little fine tuning) that looks in place in any bridge, hanger or ward room.